Accountants in Clydebank serving Glasgow & Scotland

B-Able Business Services Ltd was established in 2008 and has since evolved to provide a wide range of Business Services to clients all over the UK. The majority of our work is from people looking for Accountants, Bookkeeping ServicesPayroll Services or Tax Returns in Dunbartonshire, Glasgow, Paisley & across Scotland. Our growing client base of over 1,000 has been built mainly on ‘word-of-mouth’ recommendations from our existing clients, which we believe is a testament to the service we provide.

Our clients, range in size and structure and cover a wide range of industries and sectors. We assist in various parts of running their business and our aim is to ensure your business can grow and prosper without wasting valuable time on paperwork and legalities.

We aim to give you a clear picture of where your business is headed financially at any given time in a language that you can understand. Our team of skilled certified accountants & bookkeepers has one main goal, to ensure your business reaches its potential.

Have a look through some of the services we provide or our client testimonials, and if you think your business could benefit from employing B-Able Business Services Ltd to assist in any area of your business.

I recently used the services of B-Able for the first time and found Emma to be very professional, efficient and highly competent dealing with my first self assessment tax return. Within 2 weeks my return was completed and lodged and I was given a folder with all my paperwork. First class service from Emma and I will most definitely highly recommend B- Able Business Services Ltd.

Stella Warren, Glasgow, 5* Facebook Review

Top 5 tips for choosing an accountant in Glasgow & Scotland

1. Ask what financial services & advice they will provide? Consider the size of your company and the potential size it can reach, and then make sure your accountant can provide you with the services you require depending on the business’ needs and aims.  Will they be able to speak to HMRC on your behalf?  Are they a registered HMRC agent?

2. Ensure any accountants you consider are members of a recognised UK accountancy body like the CPAA (Certified Public Accountants Association)

3. Speak to accountants or bookkeepers before you register your business, they should advise you on which trading type is most suitable for you based on your expected earnings and will register the company for you and contact all the relevant bodies like the HMRC.

4. Decide if an accountant’s geographical location will matter to you or not? You should find out how often you will need to visit your chosen firm, can you deal with them over the phone as a virtual service for say an online e-commerce business or would it be ideal if they are local accountants near you so you can drive to meet them when required or they can visit your premises.

5. This one is really simple yet often overlooked; ask other small business owners you know if they recommend their own accountants? Most of our work comes from word of mouth and any accountants that offer a strong service should be confident with people checking their track record with existing customers.

Having used B-Able for the last few years, dealing with my tax returns and national insurance contributions it has been made so simple for me. Emma and the staff are lovely and so easy to deal with. An excellent service and I couldn't recommend enough! Thanks again.
Michael Payne - Fabulous Bouncy Castles, Dumbarton, 5* Facebook Review


B-Able Accountants in Clydebank near Glasgow

Visiting our offices for the first time? This Google map shows some directions to our Clydebank office from Glasgow city centre.

For directions from anywhere else in Scotland simply type in your postcode replacing the Glasgow address shown.

As you can see our new offices are a just a short drive from Glasgow and offer a secure car park, modern facilities and is ideally located next to local amenities including Clydebank train & bus stations.

If you would like help with directions from anywhere else don't hesitate to call us.

We are open 5 days a week including:

Monday, Wednesday & Thursday - 9 am until 5 pm.

Tuesday's - 9 am until 7 pm.

Friday's - 9 am until 3 pm.

Feel free to email us at any time, we will always respond within 24 hours.


Meet our team…

We have a fantastic team of accountants and bookkeepers in our Clydebank office.

Specialist Small Business Accountants Glasgow & Scotland

The majority of the companies who we work with are a mixture of self-employed / sole traders or small business owners with less than 10 employees. We are specialists in providing accounts for small businesses in Glasgow and across Scotland.

Have you used B-Able Business Services Ltd?

If you are currently using our services or have used them in the past, please let others know how your experience went by clicking on the Google, or FreeIndex icons below and leaving an online review.

Google Review

Click to leave a Google review Review

Click to leave a review

Free Index Review

Click to leave a Free Index review

Please find here a selection of the questions we find clients tend to ask the most frequent when we are dealing with their accounts & bookkeeping. Remember and don’t hesitate to contact us with any other questions that we may not have covered as we would like to make things as easy as possible for you and your business needs.

Do I need to complete a self-assessment?

You can use this handy tool on the website to find out if you need to submit a self-assessment based on your circumstances:, but in general terms, if you have untaxed income from any source you should be considering registering for self-assessment and completing a tax return.  Please feel free to contact us to discuss your specific circumstances.

How do I pay my National Insurance when I am self-employed?

Up until April 2016, HMRC would issue you a separate request for payment for Class 2 National Insurance, which used to be paid separately from your combined tax and national insurance liability due in January, however this is now all combined in your self-assessment tax return, so you should not receive a separate bill going forward.

Am I better being a Sole Trader or a Limited Company?

Although there is undeniably more work involved in being a Limited Company, there are reasonable tax advantages for mid to high earners.  Please contact us for an illustration of your current earnings and how much you would save if you were to trade via a Limited Company setup.

When is my tax return due?

Your self-assessment tax return covers a period of 6th April to 5th April each year, and you have 9 months after this to complete your return before the deadline on the 31st January each year, so for example;

6th April 2017 to 5th April 2018 – due by 31st January 2019
6th April 2018 to 5th April 2019 – due by 31st January 2020

I'm employed, am I due a tax rebate?

There could be various reasons as to why you could be due to a tax rebate from employment, some people find that if they have moved about from employment to employment throughout the year, there could have been emergency tax or incorrect tax coding applied at times throughout the year. There have also been lots of changes to the types of expenses HMRC will allow you to claim back against your employment income, these now include;

– Uniform, Work Clothing (PPE), Tools – Any replacement of tools or uniforms/safety wear paid by you personally, can be claimed. If you do not have receipts for this, we can claim a flat fee for the year, dependant on your occupation.
– Business Mileage – You can claim 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles in any year, and 25p per mile thereafter for any journeys made in relation to your business, excluding your daily commute to a main place of work. Should you be travelling to temporary sites (a site you work from for less than two years) then you can claim for all of these journeys also.
– Travel and Overnight Expenses – Any travel, public transport/parking, etc or expenses incurred whilst working away can all be claimed.
– Professional Fees and Subscriptions – Any legal or accountancy fees incurred due to your employment, ie. your fee to us for completing your tax return, this can all be claimed on your return also.
– Business Phone calls/data costs
– Work from Home Allowance – a Flat fee of £4 per week can be claimed for those required to work from home as part of their role in employment. If you wish to claim more than £4 per week, you need to be able to substantiate your claim with receipts.

I'm self-employed/Limited Company, should I be VAT registered?

There is no legal requirement to become VAT registered unless your turnover reaches a certain amount, at the current moment (Feb 2018), this threshold is £85,000, however, there are discussions about this being reduced in the future.  You can volunteer to be VAT registered at any point before your turnover reaches this level, and it may be beneficial for you to do so if you are buying Vatable purchases, this way being able to reclaim back the VAT content of these purchases through your VAT returns.  VAT registration is something that should not be entered into lightly, there are serious penalties in place for late submission or payment and you should really seek professional advice before making the decision to be VAT registered.

B-Able Business Services Ltd – Proud Winners Of This Years Scottish Women’s Awards

Making tax digital – The accountants method for the future

During the 2015 budge announcement the HMRC highlighted their commitment to transforming the countries tax administration by the year 2020. At the end of that year in December 2015 they announced that the ‘making tax digital roadmap’ had been launched. We have created a guideline which the highlights the major changes that will effect UK business owners…see B-Able Business Services Ltd Blog.

Call Now